What our Tour Includes and What you need to Know
- We Provide Transportation to and from your hotel. We will not be able to meet you at the beach.
- We Provide a Coast Line Tour from Waikiki to Hanauma Bay.
- We Provide Snorkeling Equipment which is included in the fee.
- We have flotation devices, underwater cameras and corrective lenses for an additional fee, which can be purchased on the way to Hanauma Bay.
- Dry Snorkels are available for an additional $3
- The cost to get into Hanauma Bay is NOT included with our package. That is an additional $7.50 per person. Children 12 and under are free.
*Visitors are required to watch an eight minute educational video before accessing the beach.
Book online now!
Waikiki Pick-Up Times Hanauma Bay Return Times
Frequently asked questions (FAQ)
1. What is the cost?
Pricing for our Hanauma Bay Snorkel Tours are as follows.
Adults: $19.99 per person
Kids: $16.99 (3 – 12 year olds)
*Park Entry Fee $7.50 per person is not included (from 13 years old & older)
1.Can We Drive Ourselves / Meet you at the beach?
Our service is based upon providing transportation to Hanauma Bay. We do not provide snorkel gear for those driving themselves.
2. What does the package include?
Our Snorkel Tours include the following:
Hotel Pick-Up and Return (Waikiki Only)
Professional Snorkeling Equipment: Snorkel, Mask and Fins
Insured & Licensed air conditioned vans
3. What is a Dry Snorkel?
A dry snorkel is a valve or a small device that stays on the top of the snorkel gear, it prevents or stops most of water from entering into the snorkel.
4. How long dose each tours normally last?
Each Snorkeling Adventures gives approximately 3 hours of snorkel time at Hanauma Bay.
5. What are your tour times: (Waikiki Only)
|Waikiki Pick-Up||Hanauma Bay Returns|
|7:15 am||11:00 am|
|8:45 am||12:15 pm|
|10:15 am||2:00 pm|
|11:45 am||3:15 pm|
|1:15 pm||4:30 pm|
6. How long of a ride is it from Waikiki to Hanauma Bay?
Hanauam Bay is approximately 10 miles east of Waikiki just off the main coastal road. Its take about 25 minutes from Waikiki to Hanauma Bay in normal traffic conditions.
7. Are there any days that Hanauma Bay is closed?
Hanauma Bay is open every day except Tuesdays.
Hanauma Bay is closed all day on Tuesdays.
8. What is there to do and see at Hanauma Bay?
Hanauma Bay is home to over 450 varieties of fish, a long coral reef, sea turtles, eels, crabs, and octopus. Also, you will see thousands of fish such as: Moorish Idols, Yellow Tang fish, Trumpet Fish ect. You also get to Swim with fish and Hawaiian Sea Turtles!
9. What do I need to bring with me?
When visiting Hanauma bay, you should consider bringing the following:
Beach Towel, Sunscreen, & Water Resistant Beach Shoes (i.e. Sandals, Flip Flops, etc.)
10. Is there a secure place to keep my personal belongings?
Yes, there are personal lockers located on the beach at a cost of $7.00 each. They accept cash payments.
11. Do they have food or drink on the beach?
Yes, Hanauma bay does have a concession stand to buy food and beverages. It is located near the entrance.
12. Can I drive to Hanauma Bay on my own?
Yes, you can but there is very limited parking – Hanamaua Bay has NO free parking near the bay. The parking area fills up fast and you don’t want to deal with the hassle of finding a parking spot when your kids are anxious to get in the water. You will be turned away, so plan to arrive very early and please do not even think about leaving. Please Note: Cars will be towed away if not parked in assigned parking lots.
13. If I don't stay in Waikiki Hotel how can I get on the tour?
We are offering to pick you up at either of these (2) alternative hotels:
Ala Moana Hotel – the pick-up is located on the side Mahukona Street.
Queen Kapiolani Hotel – the pick-up is in front of the hotel on Kapahulu Street.
15. How much for a ride if I have my own gear?
Please call us for more information: (808) 391- 4300
16. How can I cancel my tour?
Please give us 12 hours in advance to cancel your tour. No-shows will be charged the full price. When we arrive at the park if there are unforeseen circumstances we will reimburse you 50% of your total amount paid only.
17. What happens when there's bad weather or unforeseen circumstances with the Bay?
When there’s bad weather we have the right to cancel your tour and will give you a full refund. When we arrive at the park if there are unforeseen circumstances we will reimburse you 50% of your total amount paid only.
18. If I don't know how to swim can I still go?
Yes you can, we have a floatation vest or life vest rental for $5.00 each.
And no experience is necessary. We also have underwater camera for sale.
Please call us in advance to reserve for you @ (808) 391-4300
19. What else do I need to know?
ALL Visitors are required to watch an educational film about the Cove & marine life before going down to the beach. It is a very helpful & informative nine minute educational video.
Hanauma Bay allows tour buses to drop off 8 people at the time. Therefore, we will make one stop before reaching final destination to give out equipment & transfer to a downsize vehicle just before entrance into Hanauama Bay.
20. Is there an age limit for who can go snorkeling?
There is no age limit criterion set in place @ this time.
21. How do I pay for my reservations? What payment do you accept?
Please go to our website firstname.lastname@example.org – view the BOOK NOW page and click on it – the various payment methods will be listed there for you.
22. What kind a van should I look for while waiting for pick up?
You’ll look for a white van with a logo with “SNORKEL FUN” on its sides.
After 5-10 minutes, if you don’t see our vans. Please call us at: (808) 391- 4300
23. When I return from Hanauma Bay what type of transportation do I look for ?
You MUST return to the SAME place we dropped you off. (Tour Bus Area)
Our drivers will provide the information to you before you leave us.
24. How do I send feedback and/or comments?
We welcome your feedback and/or comments, for they will help us to improve upon our services to you. Please send us a feedback via on our Feedback Form
25. What type of facilities are available to the public in the park?
The Park has pay phones, Showers, lifeguards, a gift shop and is Handicap accessible.
Restrooms located at the top and bottom area.
26. Why go with Snorkel Tours Hawaii to Hanauma Bay?
Our tour is convenient, Informative & the Best Value for your Money at only $ 19.99 per person.
27. What is a Dry Snorkel?
28. How do Dry Snorkels Work?
Dry snorkels have a mechanism at the top of the tube that closes when you submerge under water. It also has a covering at the top to prevent surface water from splashing into the top of tube. The dry snorkel has a valve mechanism at the top. When you submerge underwater, accidentally or purposely, the valve reacts via a float mechanism and closes onto the top of the tube and seals it which prevents water from filling the tube.